The Government provides addition funding to schools for PE and sport with the aim of improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision in primary schools.
The impact of the funding is assessed in the following ways:
- Achievements across the PE curriculum
- Increased participation in competitive school sport
- Personal health and wellbeing amongst pupils
- Improved learning behaviour within PE in school
- Increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels of which they are capable (emphasis on positive attitudes towards healthy, active lifestyles)
We receive an £16,000 lump sum, plus £10 per pupil per academic year. The planned use of the PE and sport funding at Chesterton will be effective in improving and sustaining high quality PE and sports provision. Please see our report here which explains how we spent the funding in the last academic year and the impact it has had.
We are continuing to develop the PE provision by using the Sport Premium funding to:
- Provide specialised support from PE experts for teachers. CPD will help to provide a package of modelled lessons and team teaching with the aim of improving teacher's subject knowledge and confidence in delivering PE sessions
- Extend swimming provision to include an after school booster group for children (in KS2) who are not on track to meet ARE for swimming
- Provide a wide variety of after school extra curricular opportunities for children at a subsided cost for all pupils and provide free places to those who are Pupil Premium
- Provide free places at fitness clubs for children who have been assessed at being below ARE
- Hold a fitness celebration day in which activities and workshops are aimed at encouraging children to keep fit and participate
Please see our report on how we plan to spend the 2021-22 funding here.
Please see our report on how we spent the 2020-21 funding here.