At Chesterton we highly value feedback from our children, parents and staff. Please take a look below at the most recent feedback from our school community:
Pupil voice is incredibly important to us at Chesterton. We ensure that our children have many opportunities to voice their opinions through student council meetings and through our Rights Respecting curriculum.
In our most recent survey we asked our children a variety of questions about how they feel about their school experiences.
The results were overwhelmingly positive and show that our children thoroughly enjoy their time with us.
What our children said:
- 100% of our children feel safe at Chesterton. They know who to talk to if they have an issue and are confident it will be resolved.
- 100% of children know the school rules and know that bullying is unacceptable.
- 100% of children feel that they enjoy a varied curriculum including learning about their own and other religions in class and assemblies.
- 100% of children are proud to be part of Chesterton.
Staff at Chesterton are highly valued; all staff members have the opportunity to participate in discussions over the direction of the school. They are an active part in thinking about ways to enhance pupil outcomes in terms of achievement, quality of teaching, behaviour and safety and the quality of leadership and management.
In our most recent survey we asked our staff a variety of questions about how they feel about their school experiences.
What our staff said:
- 100% of staff know what the school is trying to achieve.
- 100% of staff feel that the school deals with bullying effectively.
- 100% of staff are proud to be part of Chesterton.
- 100% of staff feel that children are safe.
Parent and Carer Survey
In Summer 2018 we asked parents and carers to complete a questionnaire to tell us how we are doing as a school. The response rate was extremely high and hugely positive.
An overwhelming majority of parents and carers remain extremely positive with the school and how we are progressing.
What parents and carers said:
Teaching and Learning
- 98% of parents and carers agreed that their child makes good progress at our school, which is reflected in our incredible results throughout all Key Stages. Additionally, 98% of parents and carers believe that their child is happy at Chesterton and enjoys their learning experiences.
- 98% of parents and carers agree that Chesterton is well led by a senior leadership team who ensure that their children feel safe at school.
- Additionally, parents and carers agree that the school has a firm and consistent approach to behaviour. 98% of parents agreed that the school makes sure that pupils are all well behaved and deals with issues successfully.
The surveys are just one way in which we gather our information. We hold regular coffee mornings and parents’ workshops to gain feedback on how we are doing.